Friday, March 7, 2014

Are You Fighting a Losing Battle with Acne?



This post is all about my secret weapon for fighting my cystic acne and blemishes. It’s all natural, cheap ($4) and I stumbled across it at a store I would’ve never guessed would carry such an amazing skin care product… Trader Joes! Trader Joes is one of my favorite grocery stores. They always have amazing prices, interesting food finds, but imagine my surprise when I came across their tea tree oil pads.  I was very skeptical about them but was desperate and would try anything. Since discovering them almost a year ago I have been able to get off oral medication and topical creams for my acne and with the help of my skincare routine and these magic face pads my skin has drastically changed.

I had been on medication for a few years to control my breakouts, but the past year I had been trying to change my diet and try things differently because I didn’t want to put unnecessary things in my body but nothing seemed to work and my cystic breakouts were getting worse and more painful.

I had heard good things about tea tree oil, such as it is just as effective as benzoyl peroxide in reducing acne, it is natural with no side effects, and reduces sebum production by the skin (which is cystic acne—the build up of oils).  I use one pad in the morning and night right after I wash my face and before I put on moisturizer. (Rinse your face after applying) a warning, they are very strong, I like to hold my breath for a second while applying, it will sting IF your face is dirty/ clogged pores but after continuous use and your pores start clearing up it will not sting, but make your face feel very refreshed. I also use them after a workout on my face and shoulders to fight any build up of sweat and dirt to prevent any blemishes.


This product is not just for the ladies, I made my boyfriend use them and after continuous use his skin was looking awesome… he hates them though because he doesn’t like the tingling (stinging) sensation. I tell him that will go away if he would use them on his own without me reminding him ha… I still haven’t won that battle :p

Have you tried Trader Joe's Natural Facial Cleansing Pads with Tea Tree Oil? What do you think about it? 

Thanks for reading! 

Anna xx

2 comments:

  1. I have been having issues with cystic acne & I am glad you posted this. I want to go give this a shot.

    asplashofnancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! love your blog :) would you like to follow for a follow? just let me know on my blog heleenakk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete