Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Frisky Fall Challenge


After being in college the past four years my eating and exercise habits have gone down the drain at times. It is a never-ending battle where I find myself becoming very hypocritical. Studying Exercise Science and Nutrition I should be the one setting the example. I choose sleep over exercise and make weekly trips to Sonic with my roommate for a mid-night cream slush. I’ve battled food for as long as I can remember, whether it was dieting, eliminating food groups or feeling guilty for eating an ice cream sundae. Where is the balance?
I understand fighting cravings is a daily battle for most, especially those who have poor eating habits that are hard to break. I also understand the desire to look good in your favorite jeans. While I’ve been complaining to my roommates and feeling bad about myself, I always manage to reach for that extra slice or finish off the pint of chocolate gelato from Friday’s girl night with the intention of working out another day. Where does that get me? Absolutely nowhere, and while I’m stranded there I have an extra pound or two by my side.
Normally, I would just rant about this and be back to the exact same routine except for last night I came across some old photos of myself from High School. It’s funny, I remember thinking I was huge back then, when in reality I looked great. Our minds play funny tricks on us, and my high school weight is a healthy weight for my frame. It is only about 10-15lbs from where I am now.
Now, the object is getting that motivation. Should I do it for my boyfriend? No. Should I do it for my mom? No. Should I do it for me to find happiness? No. Should I do it for my physical and mental health? Yes.
People search for a quick fix to weight loss thinking that will make them happy. They put their health in danger, which creates bigger problems. If you eat healthy, practice portion control, limit alcohol and work out regularly you will improve your physical and mental health. When mental health is balanced… guess what? You’ll be happy. Depression and Anxiety lessens, you’ll see yourself in a brighter light, Positive vibes break through that dark cloud that follows negative Nancy around and you will have energy to enjoy life.
See? Here I am being a Hypocrite, but I’m telling you now that I’m going to work towards this with you.  My favorite Girls Karena and Katrina from Toneitup.com (Check them Out!!) are doing a Frisky Fall Challenge and each individual in the Tone It Up Community needs to accomplish 100 by Halloween. One hundred miles by Halloween, whether it is biking (3 miles =1 mile), running, walking, or the elliptical. I am accepting this challenge because I want to better myself, I don’t want to give up and I am ready to kick this challenge in the booty! It started last week so I am a little behind, but I am not letting that get to me, I’ll just push myself a little harder. I will never ever regret a workout!
I will track my progress on my Instagram: BeautyyPieBlog
Image
This was published a few weeks ago on my first blog: www.Beautyypie.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment