Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weekend Highlights


Hello Everyone! Sorry it has been a little while since my last post, my hard drive crashed and I was computer-less for a little. I do, however have so much to share, from pumpkin bread to spying Hayden Panettiere at a coffee shop. Lets begin!
 This past weekend along with Monday and today has been my fall break! I started Saturday off by making three loaves of pumpkin bread! The house smelled absolutely delicious! A few people have asked me for the recipe and I would love to share it! It is the perfect base, so feel free to add ingredients! One of my loaves has 68% dark cacao chips in it, but you could add walnuts, cranberries (which was my first choice but my local grocery store didn’t have them), cherries, raspberries or anything! Be creative!
Image
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs

- 1 cup vegetable oil
-
2/3 cup water

- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

- 2 1/2 cups sugar

- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda

- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt

- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
I played around with spices, adding ground cloves, ginger, All Spice, nutmeg and cinnamon into it as well! I added what I thought smelled like fall. Next time, Ill have to keep track because it sure did turn out with blasting flavors! My roommates loved it! — Next time I would cut down on the oil some, maybe experiment with applesauce? I’ll let you all know next time I bake!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease and flower the pan. I cooked them for about 60-80 minutes depending on the sizes of the pan. WARNING this recipe does make a lot of bread/muffins!  Share with your friends! :)


Image
 Sunday was definitely a fun day! My roommate Emily and I, went for a run/ hike at a local spot. It was beautiful, the trees starting to look like they are on fire, with the incredible bold colors of fall, the air was perfect the sun was shining and their was a bit of crispness in the air! It was a great way to clear my head. Now, probably one of the most exciting times, while being in this city happened in the span of 10 minutes. Anyone who knows me will tell you, I have 3 celebrity girl crushes. I look up to all three, Mila Kunis, Hayden Panettiere and Jennifer Lawrence. Mila and Jennifer are fairly new in that department, whereas Hayden has been there for as long as I can remember. I love all her movies, and the way she talks to the press about her body, going make-up less, and fights for a cause are all reasons I look up to her. Well, as Emily and I were driving to get juice, I spotted a couple with extreme height difference, a little blonde and a ginormous brunette, I gasped pointed and yelled at Emily! OH MY GOSH THATS HAYDEN! It is safe to say I had a small… scratch that, a monumental meltdown in the car nearly crying. Let me tell you, I don’t think I have ever gotten so worked up about seeing someone in my life. After the initial shock of seeing the one person I have always wanted to spot in this city, I wanted to definitely make sure it was her. Emily pulled the car around and we parked, I pulled myself together, and we walked into the coffee shop and saw her and her boyfriend. She was makeup less, relaxed and just a normal person. Gorgeous, might I add. It just made me admire her even more. Walked right past her and left, we weren’t going to be those kind of people to bug her while she was enjoying time with her loved one.
Image
 Next, I had time to try a new recipe for dinner. Of course, it was another fall themed recipe, acorn squash with crumbled herbed goat cheese and dried cherries. It was delicious! I had never had acorn squash before, but I am a huge fan of spaghetti squash so I assumed I would enjoy it! Boy! Did I! It was scrumptious, but I did however cook it a little too long so it was like mashed acorn squash but still yummy! It was also very easy, time consuming but easy peasy! It was a healthy comfort food, which when I think about eating it, I think about being wrapped up in a big cozy blanket, with a fire going and watching The Holiday! Gosh I love the Holiday Season!
Image

Well, thank you for reading this random entry, it was all over the place but a future post will be on the raved about Hollywood Holy Grail Product, Glam Glow!

What was the highlight of your weekend?! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment