Friday, December 6, 2013

Banana Blueberry Walnut Muffins




 Today is a very gloomy day it’s rainy and cold. It is a bake, cuddle up with blankets and watch Netflix kind of day!
I spied a few very ripe bananas on the table and considered making banana bread but quickly remembered this gem of a recipe. I created this recently and thought it would be fun to share on a day like today! It is a very basic, healthy and satisfying recipe that you can have fun with by adding things you love such as cranberries, nuts, chocolate chips, apple chunks, pumpkin etc. I personally enjoy blueberries and walnuts with banana and luckily had those items around the house.

 These Blueberry Banana Walnut muffins are delicious drizzled with honey for breakfast, a mid morning snack or even dessert! They are lightly sweetened and fluffy! I made them with Perfect Fit Protein powder, which you can buy here --> http://perfectfitprotein.com/ or you can use other protein powders, such as Aria, or Vega if you desire (or no protein powder but a little extra Almond flour). I personally enjoy using Perfect Fit for baking, it doesn’t clump and it’s tasty!

Karena and Katrina, creators of Perfect Fit and Tone it Up, re tweeted my post about this recipe when I first made them and I have read so many replies inquiring about the recipe, so I thought I would share. I hope you enjoy them!

Twitter: @BeautyyPieBlog
Instagram: @BeautyyPieBlog



Banana Blueberry Walnut Muffins

2 packets of Perfect Fit Protein
1 cup Almond flour
2 tbs Flaxseed meal
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
pinch and ½ of nutmeg
pinch and ½ of salt
2 mashed bananas (very ripe!)
2 eggs
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Coconut Oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
1/3 chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 21-25 minutes

3 comments:

  1. These look yummy!

    http://skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious!

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum ! looks yummy :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete